Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Final Thoughts

As everyone already noticed, I began each blog entry with a quote for the day. In my daily journal, I had encouraging quotes to get me through and I wanted to leave off with a few of those which inspire me to continue with pursuing my passion!

Each of us may be sure that if God sends us on stony paths, He will provide us with strong shoes!

I know what is is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content! ~Philippians 4:11-12

You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand! ~Woodrow Wilson

Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated; you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps!

You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you!

Sometimes it's the smallest decisions which can change your lives forever! 

There is not thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue; there is no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there is some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take, when you reach a destination that you thought you'd never make!

Don't be frustrated by your inexperience. All green things inevitably grow!

You don't need a loud voice to be heard. All you need is something worthwhile to say!

Don't copy the behaviors and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good, and pleasing, and perfect!

I can't tell you how many times I could rehearse these sayings in my head but still struggle with the decision of which direction to go with my life. My future is up in the air right now. I am torn with wanting to remain at home close to my family and settling down for a career in the states but also wanting to continue pursuing my dream! I am so incredibly thankful for my time in Ghana. It not only granted me the opportunity to serve others, discover a new culture, and travel the main tourist sights, but also taught me a significant amount about who I am as a person and what is important in life. It's like, when you are there, certain aspects of your life you miss from home but now after being home for just one week and having to adjust to my "old" lifestyle, I am already longing to go back. I know the path will sometimes be rough, but with the proper courage and support it will ultimately make a difference to others. I learned to love simplicity! Often times, I was in fact quite frustrated with my inexperience in medicine and wished I had all the answers, all the innovations, and all the knowledge to share. But the truth is, I am a new graduate nurse and I will always be learning. So much did I want to be able to provide much more than I was capable but this is my real opportunity... to equip myself with better knowledge, be prepared for conditions I might see, and construct an entire list of donations that would be beneficial to the immediate communities I served during my time abroad. It's intimidating to take that leap of faith but is the grass always greener on the other side? I do believe in my heart that I will come to the right conclusion for what I want in my life. It may take a little bit of time to reach that decision, but for now I just have to be thankful for the multiple doors that have been opened for my future! Thank you all once again for following me on my travels in Ghana and believe me, there will be a part two to my adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment